I have seen many organisations have isolated approach for SOA/BPM (Business Process Management), BRE (Business Rule Engine) and BI (Business Intelligence) areas. With the current economic environment where there is frequent changes are happening in regulation and business agility is almost must have requirement to be in ever increasing competitive market, there is a need to start focusing on synergies between BPM, BI and BRE. In fact, these technologies/techniques will bring great business impact when used together than when used in isolation. Convergence of these technologies together will bring greater business agility. Some examples where it can be applied are:
1. Regulatory Compliance like solvency II etc.
2. Complex decisions using HTM (Human Task Management): HTM can be part of the core business processes like claim processing, referrals and standard Enterprise Content Management life cycle, Call Centre Mgt etc.
3. Decision Support/Actions: This can be used by predictive analytics tools or complex decisions in business processes. Examples are x-sell/up, agency and customer value, call centre agents value etc
4. Complex Transformation: This can be used by either ESB(Enterprise Service Bus)/EIB (Enterprise Information Bus) to handle complex transformation rules which can involve transformation rules related to front office, back office or 3rd party/partners processes.
5. End to end tracking of transaction in the enterprise.
6. Record Management